Monday, January 6, 2014

rugby for fairies...wild-card post-mortem

Don't go sucking Andrew Luck's dick just yet.  The Chiefs got out to a lead on the back of a TD and a big play where holding by their RT went unpenalized, torched #28 twice in the process, and lost because they had half their team go down- Bokolis expected Jamaal Charles- Andy Reid still can't call a game to save his fat ass and couldn't scheme to load against the one WR on the Colts who could hurt them.

Who knew the Saints would get 4-4 out of their kicker?  The Saints showed some guts but, that Eagles QB has to learn that winners take chances, not sacks.  Curiously, their coach also played it closer to the vest than he did in the regular season.

The Bengals were another no-show.

It took Aikman about eight replays to point out the mugging that Bokolis saw real-time on that Aaron Rodgers escape.  Buck must have been too busy blowing Aikman to point it out.  Lost in the 49ers victory was that they should have had at least 20 points in the first half.  The game should have never gotten to the point where Kaepernick, on the biggest plays, ran out of the fire and to victory.  He threw a bunch of shit balls, but he answered both Green Bay TDs with a TD drive of his own.

As for Bokolis, imagine the mixed feelings having to pull for Kaepernick.  Run, you cunt...first down!  I knew he was going to run before the snap; how the fuck did you not?  I hate the 49ers- anybody but the 49ers.

I quickly realized my ignorance- maybe I should watch all these hype shows- when I learned Reggie Wayne wasn't playing.  I knew Luck favored Wayne and wasn't as effective without him.  While I thought he was back, he's on IR.  I took that ignorance to mean that I was lost on both this and the Eagles, as I was going against things that couldn't possibly happen.  It's also why, as per below, that I didn't double down on the Eagles.  Bokolis did figure that some kind of perverse mean reversion would kick in and I'd get healthy on my lukewarm picks.

The picks as listed were a typically shitty 1-2-1 for the wild card weekend.  In the heat of the moment, Bokolis doubled down on the Colts when the line dipped to -1.5, so I got double...  Making up for it, was that I also pressed the 49ers when the line moved off -3 to -2.5, so I picked up some consolation there.  Going 2-3-1 in the carbon-based world might mean a better losing winning percentage, but it also means more vig.

In that vein, I've already gone in on one game for the coming weekend because I don't want the line to move against me.  I'd've thrown in on the Auburn(+10.5)-FSU game while I was at it, but realized that I don't care.

No comments: