Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rugby for Fairies Conference Championships 2012-13

I've noticed that Bokolis doesn't do as well at this stuff when I don't any teams I like in the tournament.  While I had the benefit of winning the Falcons because I sent it in early in the week (and softened the blow by taking the over on GB-SFO, mainly because I had no faith in the pick), for the purposes of this, I went a miserable 1-3 last week, leaving Bokolis 3-5 on the season.

It doesn't figure to get any better this week, as I see some disgusting scenarios.  In both cases, the lines have moved, and I locked in at different lines earlier in the week than what will follow.

49ers (-3.5) over FALCONS - I locked in +4.5 and will now try to hit the middle.  Like the rest of America, I don't really believe that Atlanta will win this game.  Nonetheless, I will be rooting for them because, I hate the 49ers, I dislike this Harbaugh more than that Harbaugh and I have a distaste for running quarterbacks.  I propose that the Falcons take as many 15 yard late hit penalties as needed on Kaepernick, as they'll probably make it up on the back end when he stops running because he knows he's going to get hit whether he's safe or not.  What's that; they can do that to your QB, too.  I don't know about y'all, but I used to bring burners to my football games.  Nobody did shit to my QB.

PATRIOTS (-7.5) over Ravens - If the 49ers win, I will be forced to root for the Pats so as to avoid a Harbaugh Bowl.  This is another game where I locked in the Ravens at +9.5 and hope to catch the middle.  I am fully aware that this looks like a even fight.  I believe that too.  Again, history tells us that this is where teams like the Ravens lose.

So there you have it.  I've made both picks that are contrary to both my rooting interest and what I would've done had the lines not moved.  Flaky to be sure, but I don't really give a shit.

No comments: